Impressive figures on Iraq’s investments in food and beverage process and packaging technology and food imports confirm how fast Iraq’s agrofood sector is developing.
Investments in food and beverage process and packaging technology
- Between 2015 and 2021, Iraq’s imports of food and beverage process and packaging technology increased with an annual growth rate of 14%, from €76m to €169m. (VDMA)
- This makes Iraq the third largest Arab importing country of such technologies in the Middle East after Saudi Arabia and the UAE.
- Between 2017 and 2021, Iraq’s food imports increased with an annual growth rate of 5.3%, from US$ 11.245 billion to US$ 13.827 billion. (WTO)
- This makes Iraq the third largest food importer in the Arab Middle East, behind Saudi Arabia and the UAE.
The Agro Pack Iraq International Trade Fair, at its 6th edition in 2023, serves this fast-growing Iraqi agrofood market..
What’s on for 2023?
The 6th edition will cover the entire value chain from field to fork.
- Agro Iraq presents agriculture, crop production, livestock breeding and poultry
- Agro Pack Iraq covers technology and material for processing food and beverages, as well as ingredients
- Food Iraq showcases and trades finished food & beverage products
The value chain is rounded off and completed by the 4th Plast Iraq, taking place concurrently. Here, the focus is on plastic raw material and machinery and equipment for plastics processing, printing and packaging.