- Great chances for business for food and beverage suppliers from around the world.
- Between 2017 and 2021, Iraq’s food imports increased with an annual
growth rate of 5.3%, from US$ 11.245 billion to US$ 13.827 billion. (WTO)
- This makes Iraq the third largest food importer in the Arab Middle East, behind Saudi Arabia and the UAE.
- Continuous growth is expected in the coming years.
- Iraqi food exports stood at US$ 0.859 billion in 2021.
- In the same year, the value of food production in Iraq amounted to US$ 2.917 billion.
Opportunities in food & beverage trade with Iraq
Although domestic production is steadily increasing, Iraq is still highly dependent on food imports.
With an average income of about US$ 570, Iraq is an upper-middle class economy according to the World Bank. About 43% of monthly income is spent on food.
EU imports are particularly high for infant and baby food, eggs, honey, cheese, pasta and pet food.
Market studies predict that demand for other product groups will continue to grow, creating business opportunities in the following products:
- Sweets, biscuits, snacks
- Dairy products such as cheese, cream, milk powder, ...
- Poultry and beef
- Products for food production, processing and preservation
This is what the exhibitors said
Feras al Khateeb
Export Sales Manager – Siniora Food Industries, Amman – Jordan
Iraq has got the largest population in the region, that’s why the Iraqi market is so important to us. We expect the market to grow steadily over the years to come.
During the past two show days we could discuss business with retailers, end users and distributors. We are satisfied with the outcome so far and we hope to close more and more deals also over the coming two days.
xport Sales Specialist - Yayla
Yayla Agro is a market leader in the pulses industry and exports in 100+ countries. As we are very close to Iraq, everybody here knows our brand.
We have made some new leads with interest in our products here at the show. And we have talked to many who want to become our distributor. This is exactly what we have been looking for.
Range of exhibits
Food and beverages
- Bread & bakery
- Fish & seafood
- Fresh & chilled food
- Frozen food
- General foods
- Health food
- Hot beverages
- Ice cream & deep-frozen confectionery
- Meat & meat products
- Organic food
- Snack food
Equipment and supplies for hotels and restaurants, bars and cafés, canteens and commercial kitchens
- Building furnishings and equipment
- Coffee machines
- Distribution systems and serving equipment
- Ice-cream machines
- Information and billing systems
- Refrigeration technology
- Kitchen technology
- Rinsing, cleaning and disposal technologySweets