- Between 2015 and 2022, Iraq’s imports of food and beverage process and packaging technology increased with an annual growth rate of 15.5%, from €76m to €209m. (VDMA)
- This makes Iraq the third largest Arab importing country of such technologies in the Middle East.
- A clear signal of the political will to expand local food production and the „Made-in-Iraq“ trend.
- Continuous growth is expected in the coming years.
This is what the exhibitors said
Jean S. Zacca
CEO – Zakka Multitec
For us, Iraq is one of our main markets in the region as we see a large potential in the industrial sector. After busy days at our booth, we can say the show has definitely exceeded our expectations by leaps and bounds as we met customers from all the Iraqi provinces. Not only the number and quality of the visitors were brilliant as most were professionals from within the industry and appreciate the high-quality European machines that we supply. But also the show organisers did an excellent job.
Mustafa D. Al-Tamimy
MEPEQ provides turnkey solutions for packaging industries in liquid food, beverages and chemicals.
We regard Iraq as a developing market with an improving purchasing power as more and more factories are established. Here at Agro Pack, our target is to raise awareness for investments in high-quality and high-performance machines, despite the price argument. And we are satisfied as many investors have already visited our stand during the first two days.
Ghazwan Kafil Idan
Trade Marketing and Distribution Manager – Atyaf Algeed (Givaudan)
Iraq is a very important market for our company especially since the Iraqi government supports and protects the local food production. Our clients for our flavours, fragrances and ingredients are owners of factories for the soft drink, juice and chips production. Agro Pack 2021 is an excellent and very important event for us to enlarge our horizon of communication and to increase the cooperation between suppliers and project owners. Therefore, we expect prosperity and growth of our company as a result of this event.
Area Sales Manager – TEKNOICE
At TEKNOICE, we produce machines for the ice cream industry 100% Made in Italy, and this since 1992.
As the consumption of ice cream in Iraq is very high because of the long season, we traditionally have many customers here. And we are confident that now, through our participation in Agro Pack, we will add some more. On the first day of the fair, we have already met many of our existing customers and also some new potential customers. And also people from by-side business. So the fair has started very well for us.
Iraq is the third largest Arab importing country of food & beverage process and packaging technology in the Middle East
Opportunities in the food & beverage industry
- Revival of local food production and „Made-in Iraq“-trend; political will to expand local food production
- Massive investments in processing and packaging equipment
- Medium-term development extremely promising
- One of the largest markets for food products in the Middle East - still undersupplied
Iraq’s imports of food & beverage process and packaging technology (in million €)
Source: VDMA / Graph: fairtrade
Demand for F&B ingredients rising continuously
With 46 million inhabitants (2023), Iraq has long been one of the three largest food markets in the Arab world, after Egypt and on an equal footing with Algeria.
Expenditure in the F&B sector is growing steadily, and F&B production is by far the largest segment of the Iraqi processing industry.
Accordingly, the demand for food and beverage ingredients is rising continuously. So it is only natural that Iraq food ingredients forms an important part of Agro Pack Iraq Erbil.
Range of exhibits
Food and drink processing
- Bakery technology
- Basic food technology
- Beverage technology
- Coffee machines
- Confectionery, snacks and chocolate production technology
- Dairy technology
- Delicatessen and convenience food technology
- Distribution systems, table and serving equipment
- Fish processing technology
- Food safety and quality management
- Foodservice equipment
- Ice cream technology
- Ice cream technology
- Information and billing systems
- Kitchen technology
- Meat processing technology
- Noodle technology
- Refrigeration technology
- Screening machines
- Services and concepts
- Vegetable and fruit technology
Food and drink ingredients
- Raw materials
- Semi-finished products
- Food additives
- Flavours, colours and fragrances
- Starter cultures and enzymes for dairy
- Antioxidants & Antimicrobials
- Packaging technology
- Machines for imprinting of packaging material
- Packaging materials, means and aids
- Printing and labelling technology
- Paper converting and packaging production technology
- Materials, consumables and accessories
Refrigeration and air conditioning
- Refrigeration technology
- Ventilation, air conditioning and heating technology
Conveying, transport and storage
Waste and waste water
- Water treatment
- Waste water treatment
- Resource-efficiency and services