The 2nd iraq agrofood in 2020 builds on positive market data
With US$ 48.4 billion, Iraq reports an enormously high trade surplus for 2018
One of the Middle East’s largest importers of agrofood technology
With exports of hydrocarbons worth US$ 87.3 billion and imports worth US$ 38.9 billion, Iraq succeeded in achieving an enormous trade surplus of US$ 48.4 billion in 2018.
For comparison: Iran’s exports of 98.1 billion US$ are faced with imports of 75.5 billion US$, balance +22.6 billion US$ in 2017/18. Algeria’s exports of 35.2 billion US$ are offset by imports of 46.1 billion US$, balance -10.9 billion US$.
For 2019, Iraq’s trade surplus is estimated at 41 billion US$. (All figures GTAI)
Another important fact: With 40 million inhabitants, Iraq is one of the three most populous countries in the Arab world, after Egypt and on a par with Algeria. And with 58% of the population younger than 25, the country has an enormously young and aspiring population. Read more
Three key figures to characterize the Iraqi agrofood market
Currently, the Iraqi market can be characterized by three key figures:
- The value of its own food and beverage production amounts to US$ 2.917 billion.
- Food imports add up to US$ 6.333 billion. (FAOSTAT)
- And hundreds of millions of dollars are invested annually in modern agrofood processing technology.
Iraq thus confirms its position as one of the Middle East’s largest importers of agrofood technology. Check out full details here:
The 2nd iraq agrofood in 2020 builds on this positive market data.
iraq agrofood enjoys the strong support of the Ministry of Trade of Iraq and its subsidiary institutions, the State Company for Iraqi Fairs & Commercial Services and the Baghdad International Fair Ground.
The show is organized by the German trade show specialists fairtrade Messe, and it is scheduled for 29 February to 02 March 2020 at the Baghdad International Fair Ground.
The event is held in conjunction with iraq plastprintpack, Iraq’s 2nd International Plastics, Printing and Packaging Trade Show.
Click on the images for impressions of the event
Review iraq agrofood & plastprintpack 2019: Exhibitors and organizers express confidence in future development of the Iraqi market
After three days of valuable business contacts at the launch event of iraq agrofood & plastprintpack 2019, exhibitors and organizers express confidence in the future development of the Iraqi market.
State Company for Iraqi Fairs and fairtrade sign contract for 2020
Visit of delegations
Iraq’s first agrofood & plastprintpack 2019 enabled hundreds of B2B meetings between professional visitors from all over Iraq and 80 exhibitors from 16 countries.
In addition to private businesses, delegations of the following institutions honored the trade show with their visit:
- Ministry of Industry & Minerals
- Ministry of Agriculture
- Parliamentary Agriculture and Water Committee
- Iraqi National Business Council
- Iraqi Business Union
- Federation of Chamber of Commerce
- Baghdad Chamber of Commerce
The purchasing delegation of the Ministry of Industry & Minerals included:
- Mr Ammar Aljanabi, Advisor to the Minister
- Mr Mohammed J.H. Al. Delphi, General Director for Food Production & Chairman of the Board of Directors
- Mr Nacer Idris Mehdi Al Madeni, General Director of the Technical Department
Read here on how the exhibitors evaluate the event and the Iraqi market
Mr. Abdulrahman Alany
Country Manager - IPS-INGREDIS INTERNATIONAL LTD.
IPS-Ingredis Internations LTD. is a trusted partner in the sourcing and supply of quality ingredients, concentrates, additives and flavors worldwide.
For us, the Iraqi market is new, but we are glad to be involved in Iraq. It is a country that is becoming safer and safer and wants to move its industry forward. Here at itaq agrofood, we are particularly interested in beverage and plastics producers in order to get in touch with them. This was the first trade fair in our industry in Iraq, and we are already looking forward to next year's.
Review iraq agrofood & plastprintpack 2019
80 exhibitors from 16 countries offered technologies and solutions tailored for the Iraqi market at iraq agrofood and its partner event plastprintpack iraq. A great result for a launch event in Iraq. See full details in the Post Show Report 2019.
The exhibitors came from Austria, China, Germany, India, Iran, Iraq, Italy, Lebanon, Mongolia, Morocco, Russia, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Turkey and United Arab Emirates.
Check out the list of exhibitors 2019.
- Four country pavilions were present already in the launch event, namely from Germany, Iran (see here and here), Sri Lanka and Turkey (see here and here). Additional countries were represented with leading individual exhibitors.
- Strong presence of international market leaders food & beverage process technology and ingredients; plastics, printing and packaging; finished food products & hospitality solutions
- The interactive agrofood & plastprintpack portals allow exhibitors and visitors to communicate and to arrange business meetings before, during and after the event, all year round.